"Qualified Individual" applicants must:
- Pass online examinations testing your comprehensive knowledge of Google Apps for Education. (To prepare for the exams, we strongly suggest reviewing the six training modules of training content in the Google Apps Education Training Center.)
- Upon completion of the exams, you will receive a Qualified Individual certificate which grants you this status for 12 months
"Certified Trainer" individual applicants must:
- Have previously achieved ‘Qualified Individual’ status.
- Complete a case study demonstrating your experience in technology instruction and/or professional development. Additional strong references from school or business clients are required.
- Submit a 2 minute video introduction about your background, role in education technology, and innovative approach to using Google Apps
- Create sample learning materials and produce a short video which demonstrates your familiarity with Google Apps features.
- Demonstrate extensive experience using and training Google Apps to educational organizations prior to application.
- Commit to conducting at least 3 professional development activities related to Google Apps every quarter
To become a 'Google Certified Teacher' you must attend a Google Teacher Academy:
The GTA is offered a few times per year in different locations. You must apply for acceptance into the academy.
Everything you need to know is posted on the Google Teacher Academy Site.